What’s Cooking Wednesday? BBQ Meatball Recipe
“Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” ~ I Corinthians 10:31
At our house, we love finger foods. We don’t want to wait for a party or get together to enjoy them, so sometimes I’ll make appetizer type finger foods as our dinner. One favorite is BBQ meatballs. I serve them with homemade cornbread, cooked carrots, and a baked potato. Talk about comfort food!
Heidi’s BBQ Meatballs Recipe
Minutes to Prepare: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Number of Servings: 48+ meatballs
2 pounds ground turkey
1 1/3 cup ketchup (divided)
3 tablespoons bread crumbs (panko)
2 tablespoons onion flakes
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup of light brown sugar (can do 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 honey)
6 oz can tomato paste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp hot cayenne pepper sauce
(disclaimer: accidentally had A-1 instead of cider vinegar out)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine meat, 1/3 cup ketchup, panko, and spices in bowl. Mix thoroughly and shape into meatballs. I use my melon scooper to make 1-inch ones all consistently the same size.
3) Bake in oven until brown (18-23 minutes).
4) Transfer meatballs to crockpot.
5) Mix liquids with tomato paste and sugar and pour over meatballs. Stir gently. Cover, cook on low for 4 hrs.
Enjoy! What strange food tradition does your family have? What did you think of the meatballs?